5 things about the “City of Superlatives”
The city of Cape Coral, FL, is truly unique! Here are 5 of it’s superlatives:
- Land Mass – Cape Coral’s 120 square miles make it the largest city in SW Florida and the 3rd largest in the state.
- With over 400 miles of canals, the Cape has the most extensive canal system of any city in the whole WORLD. Dock your boat right in your backyard!
- The Cape is the largest master-planned community in the country.
- The city is the first municipality in the country to use the reverse osmosis (RO) method of water purification. During the drought in the early 2000’s, nearby cities of Fort Myers and Punta Gorda bought water from Cape Coral.
- The 2004 documentary movie, “The 50 Worst Movies Ever Made” was filmed in Cape Coral. Also, the movie, “Fat Spy”, filmed in 1966, starred Jayne Mansfield, Phyllis Diller, Brian Donlevy and Jack E. Leonard. By all accounts, it’s difficult to say what it was about, but it involved beach-frolicking teens, the “Fountain of Youth”, mermaids and a spy for a cosmetics company. Now available in Dollar Stores everywhere.