Thinking of renovating in 2019? These tips can save you time and money!
1. Don't over improve. Ask me for advice. Happy to stop over and share my ideas, too. This is especially important if you plan to sell in near future.
2. Set a realistic budget. Be sure to include a "fudge factor" for unforeseen expenses.
3. Hire good help. Interview several contractors and look for workers who are LICENSED and have at least 3 years work history in your area. Check references and ask to visit their current work site. I maintain a list of quality service people I use - just call! I am happy to email it to you.
4. Insist on a detailed contract and timeline.
5. Prepare for noise, dust, delays and inconvenience. (or, just call me and we can get you moved into a house already upgraded??)
6. Safeguard children and pets. Be aware of harmful chemicals, power tools and other hazards.
7. Photograph every room. This creates a record if anything goes missing.
8. Pack valuables and cover furniture in adjacent rooms. You'll be amazed how far drywall dust can fly.
9. Communicate frequently with your contractor. It's always better to solve problems along the way.
10. Conduct a careful inspection before final payment.
OR, just call me to list your home and I can help you BUILD new construction. Did you know all the builders here pay Realtors commission? No additional cost to you! Let my 42 years experience save YOU TIME AND MONEY.